To finish out the week, I had to share this yummy macaroni and cheese that my kids were just raving about. I've gotten to the point where I've ruined many foods I once liked because the homemade version is so much better. This includes chicken nuggets, pizza rolls, macaroni and cheese, and about a million other things. It's ridiculous, but I don't think I can get too busted up about it because it means 1) I'm really good at making food and 2) making things homemade means I have way more control of the quality of ingredients.
This recipe is very simple and can be made in about the same time as a box mix. BUT and that's a big but (and of course, I like those, I can't deny)...this is so much better than the box mix. If your kids are anything like mine...or if you don't have kids and you just love pizza...then you (and your kids, if you have them) are SURE to love this macaroni and cheese.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cup dry elbow macaroni
- 1/4 small onion, chopped
- 1 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 roma tomato, diced or 1/2 can diced tomato
- 1 cup cheese sauce or 1 cup mozzarella or Italian cheese
- 1/4 cup pepperoni, diced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Cook onion until softened in a small skillet in a little oil. Add garlic and tomato; heat through.
- Add to cooked pasta with cheese, pepperoni, and Italian seasoning.
- Serve immediately.