It's not every day you stumble upon a really amazing bread recipe. Does anyone else have horrible experiences with bread recipes? Maybe it's just me.
I'm really picky on my bread and like for it to taste a certain way. Be the perfect amount of crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. There is NOTHING better than your house smelling like freshly baked bread. Ahh, I'm drooling just thinking of it. Gives me the warm fuzzies.
This recipe is FANTASTIC! Seriously!
What you need:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. EVOO
- 2 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 egg plus 1 Tbsp. water
- Mix yeast, warm water, and sugar together; let sit for 5 minutes to proof.
- Meanwhile, mix water, EVOO, salt, and all-purpose flour in stand mixer.
- Add yeast and mix. Then add bread flour and mix.
- Let knead for 5 minutes. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Form into 2 or 4 loaves. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise for 30 to 45 minutes or until doubled.
- Mix together egg and 1 Tbsp. water; brush top of loaf and cut slits in the top at a diagonal.
- Bake at 425* for 10 minutes. Then reduce heat to 375* and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe from Cookin' Mimi
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin