I have seen the cookie swap in previous years, but I guess I didn't realize it was something you could sign up for or I missed sign ups..something. However, this year I was on top of things and it was perfect timing for me to participate. I decided to make Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies for my three secret blog partners.
I actually had to make a second batch because I kept eating the cookies as they got transferred to the cooling racks. They are one of the best cookie recipes I've ever tried.
I sent a dozen of these cookies each to Mary Kay of Homemade Cravings, Victoria of Wilde in the Kitchen, and Elana of Stir & Strain. I found some very adorable Wilton packing items and some matching bubble wrap! I used little notes I found in the Target $1 bins :) It was a ton of fun to package everything up and ship it out.
What you need:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup caramel bits
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
- Additional sea salt
- Cream together butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla.
- Mix together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Then add to the butter mixture.
- Stir in milk chocolate chips, caramel bits, and crushed pretzels.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop cookie dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle each with a little sea salt.
- Bake at 350* for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest on pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Recipe from The Diary of Dave's Wife
I received Peppermint Bark Cookies from Traci of Pale Yellow, Ginger Snaps from Chelsea of Whatcha Makin' Now, and Fruity Cereal Cookies from Sarah of Punctuated with Food. I cannot wait to get the recipes for them (except the Ginger Snaps because Chelsea sent me a recipe card!) and make them to gobble up again! Thank you, Traci, Chelsea, and Sarah!! :)
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin