When my husband gets any time off from his unit, we head straight down south to his mom's house to stay for a 2 week vacation. I've lived with her a few times in between trainings and moves and during the first deployment. She makes the most amazing food and one of my favorites is her fried chicken.
When I made this recipe, I didn't expect to have found something that is so closed to what my mom-in-law makes and that made it that much better. The ingredients are simple, but the flavors are amazing!
What you need:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 cups flour
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 to 3 eggs
- Seasoned salt
- Oil for frying
- Mix together water and salt. Add chicken and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from bowl and pat dry.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl. Mix together flour, salt, and pepper and place on a shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in egg and then flour.
- Fry one or two pieces of chicken at a time for 5 to 8 minutes on each side.
- Place on paper towel lined plate and immediately sprinkle with seasoned salt.
Recipe from Oh Sweet Basil
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin