I saved this recipe when I had Amy's blog, Fearless Homemaker, for my Secret Recipe Club assignment
What you need:
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups kale, chopped (or more, if you like)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a skillet until crisp. Place on a paper towel-lined plate. Drain all but 2 Tbsp. of bacon grease.
- Cook onions in bacon grease for about 5 minutes or so and add garlic; cook for 1 more minute.
- Add kale and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add bacon back in and cook for an additional minute.
- Add cooked quinoa, soy sauce, and salt and pepper. Saute for about 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Scoot quinoa mixture to the side and crack the eggs into the open space. Stir to scramble. Then mix in with the quinoa.
- Cook for an additional 3 minutes, allowing about a minute to pass before stirring to allow quinoa to "fry".
- Add cilantro and green onion and toss to combine. Serve hot!
Recipe from Fearless Homemaker
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram