It's time again for Secret Recipe Club reveal day for my group, Group D! What is Secret Recipe Club? It's a bunch of food bloggers separated into four groups that post once a month on a designated Monday. Each month, we are paired with another foodie from our group secretly (hence the name). We then pick a recipe (or two or more) from that blog and make it. On our reveal day, we reveal whose blog we had and what recipe(s) we chose all at the same time. It's like a Secret Santa every month, but with food and blogs! It's a great deal of fun :)
This month, I was assigned to Kate's blog, The Colbert Clan. As always, I picked out my recipes first and then read the about me, which I promptly got sucked into. Kate is, without a doubt, a strong lady. Within a year's time, she had her first child who was born 2 months early and lost her husband. Kate tells both these stories on her blog. Fast forwarding to now, she is remarried and is a mom of three. She has a beautiful family!
I pinned a few recipes to try that include: Cheesy Pesto Pull Apart Bread [pesto is life!], 3 Cheese Chicken Alfredo [hello, three cheeses?!], Doritos Taco Salad [I just think this is a good idea], Samoa Bars [because Nick loves them], and Caramelitas [I've always wanted to try them]. In the end, I chose her Fiesta Queso Burrito recipe because I needed something for Taco Tuesday!
This recipe is very filling and oh so good! I had to swap the queso Kate used for one that I could find/knew of, which is Laughing Cow's Creamy Queso Fresco Chipotle Cheese. It with the Rotel added a bit of heat to the recipe. I was also impressed with how well they reheated the next day. I typically will not eat anything soft shell reheated, but these were on point!
What you need:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 container Laughing Cow Creamy Queso Fresco Chipotle Cheese
- Shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Flour tortillas - 10 count
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Mix in beans, Rotel, and Laughing Cow cheese. Cook until cheese is mostly melted.
- In a greased 9x13-inch pan, place a little filling on the bottom. It's very thick, so spread it around.
- In each tortilla shell, place some of the filling with some shredded cheddar, reserving some of the filling to top the burritos. Place each filled tortilla, seam side down in the pan.
- Top with reserved filling and more shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350* for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Recipe slightly adapted from The Colbert Clan
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram