Last year for my birthday, I got an ice cream maker and Ben & Jerry's cookbook from Nick. Ecstatic doesn't even begin to describe how I felt. I love ice cream and have wanted the attachment for my KitchenAid for FOREVER. I just didn't want to spend the money.
Now that the weather is warm again, I have made a few batches. This batch happened to be the first one I made in my ice cream maker [last September]. Ben & Jerry say that it was one of their best selling flavors and I know exactly why. Mint [chocolate chip] ice cream is unbelievable and one of my all-time favorites and cookies and cream ice cream is not too far behind. I've been known to polish off way more than I should way faster than I should of this Oreo-y goodness! :)
What you need:
- Ice Cream Maker
- 2/3 cup chopped Oreos
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp. peppermint extract
- Refrigerate chopped cookies until ready to use.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl for about 1 to 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar little by little, whisking until blended. Whisk about a minute after blended completely.
- Pour in cream and milk, continue whisking until blended.
- Add peppermint extra and whisk once more until blended.
- Transfer to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions. I have the attachment for the KitchenAid, so I mix mine for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- In the last two minutes, add cookies.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze until desired consistency is reached.
Recipe from Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram