Image via wiki
What is a Buffaloaf? The Buffaloaf is one of the many Foodimals created by the FLDSMDFR, as you can see above he is a buffalo meatloaf :) I think I earned some brownie points from my kids for making this little guy. They loved him and almost didn't want to eat him.
What you need:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. fennel
- Parsley [for hair]
- Black peppercorns [for eyes]
- French Fried onions [for horns]
- Onion pieces [for teeth]
- Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet. Cook zucchini, carrots, and onion until tender. Add garlic, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup. Heat through and then set aside to cool.
- Mix together zucchini mixture, beef, sausage, bread crumbs, and egg in a bowl.
- Place mixture into a loaf pan.
- Bake at 350* for an hour or until cooked all the way through.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before removing onto a plate. Glaze with ketchup and let rest for 5 minutes.
- To make into a buffaloaf: slice one side for the mouth adding two pieces of onion for teeth. Stick French onions on top for horns and parsley for hair. Last add peppercorns for eyes.
Recipe from Amy's Cooking Adventures
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram