One great thing about living in the South is that produce is pretty outstanding throughout the year. Strawberries are a summer item, but we had great strawberries in the winter. Namely, around New Year's. So I took to making this recipe for New Year's Eve. I was skeptical about the green onions with the fruit, but enjoyed it thoroughly. I made cinnamon sugar tortilla chips to go with and it was gone before I knew it. Cami especially liked it - you can see her hand up there!
What you need:
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, plus some, chopped
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Pinch of salt
- Hull and dice the strawberries. Place in a bowl.
- Add jalapeno, green onions, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, and honey. Stir gently.
- Add pinch of salt and serve with tortilla chips [we did homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips].
Recipe from Lynsey Lou's
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram