I'm ending Crockpot Week with my new favorite crockpot recipe. For years, I've searched for a chicken wing dip WITHOUT ranch dressing. Nick has me hooked on buffalo everything, but he hates ranch. I finally found a few that didn't have it and I adjusted them here and there to fit what I wanted.
Unfortunately for him, I made this after he deployed. I know, I know, I'm such a tease! But I did want to make sure it was perfect for when he got to try it. Personally, I thought it was fine in heat - the cream cheese definitely cuts it down some, but I know Nick is going to want double the sauce. I could not stop eating this dip though. I ate way more than I should have.
What you need:
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. Frank's buffalo sauce (plus some, to your liking)
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1+ cup cheddar cheese (to your liking)
- Cook chicken and shred (I used my Kitchenaid). Add buffalo sauce and stir.
- Add cream cheese, celery, and cheese. Mix until incorporated.
- Place in your crockpot and cook on LOW until heated through.
- Turn to warm and serve with tortilla chips.
- I served mine in bowls and ate it as quickly as possible. I'm sure a fondue pot would work well too, but isn't necessary.
Recipe adapted from various sources