It is time for crockpot week here on Fantastical! My crockpot is one of my favorite appliances in my kitchen and I love to use it all year round. I am a very stubborn person by nature and will put off using my air conditioner as long as I can. Nick hates this...we are always the opposite temperature too, which definitely doesn't help.
New York was pretty mild this summer, but we did have the heat wave where it was feeling like 99* at 10am. This is when my crockpot was a life saver!
This pork was flavorful as all get out. Root beer is the reason I can't swear off soda for good. I enjoy a root beer float or a can of it every once in a while. I made this back in April or May (yes, I'm posting my tried recipes from then!) and that's probably the last time I had root beer. I just bought a pack yesterday for a breakfast recipe for this week and I'm so stoked :) LOVE root beer!
What you need:
- 2 to 5 lb. pork sirloin roast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cups root beer, divided
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) chili sauce
- Hot sauce
- Hamburger buns
- Season roast with salt and pepper. Heat oil over medium high heat and sear pork on all sides.
- Place roast in slow cooker and add onion, garlic, and 1 cup root beer.
- Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Make sauce by mixing 3 cups root beer and chili sauce together in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil gently for 30 minutes. Add hot sauce.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and discard juices from the slow cooker.
- Shred pork and serve on toasted bun with lettuce, tomato, and sauce.
Recipe from Recipe Shoebox