How many of you did the Book It program in elementary school? This was one of my favorite things in the whole wide world when I was in school, except maybe DEAR (Drop Everything And Read). Most memorable is my 4th grade year and getting a free personal pan pizza every month because I read over 1,000 pages. I loved seeing my little Book It certificate hanging up with my friends' at the front of the classroom.
I also always chose Pizza Hut for my reward dinner for good grades too. It was pretty much the only place we didn't go very often out of Dairy Queen, McDonald's, and Pizza Ranch (yeah, we had like NO restaurants where I grew up). I loved personal pan pizzas because I mean, c'mon, who doesn't like a pizza all to themselves?!
What you need:
- 1/4 cup dry milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 3/4 Tbsp. yeast
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 4 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Nonstick spray
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. marjoram
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- Mozzarella cheese
- Mix together dry milk, salt, sugar, and yeast.
- Add water and stir. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable oil and stir.
- Add flour and mix together. Knead for 10 minutes and divide into 3 pieces.
- Coat three cake pans with nonstick spray. Roll dough into 9-inch circles.
- Spray outer edge of dough with nonstick spray. Cover with plate and let rise for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix together tomato sauce and spices. Let sit for 1 hour.
- Top with sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and more cheese.
- Cook at 475* for 15 minutes.
Recipe from CD Kitchen