This is a pretty lengthy recipe, so it'll probably only be made every once in a while like for holidays like Thanksgiving and Easter. It is, however, a very great recipe and is the right fit for a spicy food lover! It's hard for us to not have something that is either buffalo or jalapeno popper on our meal plan regularly. They are two of our favorite flavor combinations and I knew this one would be a definite keeper for combining the two and it has inspired me to try and combine the two with some of other favorite foods too.
What you need:
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. bacon grease
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, deseed and chopped
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni, cooked 2 minutes under al dente
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded*
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 5 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Provolone
- Saute onion and jalapeno in bacon grease until softened.
- Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add milk, heavy cream, salt and pepper, and nutmeg. Turn up to medium-high heat and cook until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add cream cheese and hot sauce. Add onion mixture and pasta.
- Add cheeses and chicken. Pour into a greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake at 350* for 20 to 30 minutes and top with parsley.
Recipe from Lauren's Latest