I don't think it gets much better than crunchy breaded pork chops "infused" with bacon and cheddar cheese topped with more cheddar cheese and green onions. It really is just as delicious as it sounds. I'm fairly certain I used breakfast chops the first time I made these, but next time I want to get the thick cut because I know they will end up so juicy and tender on the inside being baked in the oven. We paired this with asparagus risotto which was utterly delicious too.
What you need:
- 4 pork chops
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Bacon bits
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Mix together bacon bits, bread crumbs, and 1 cup cheese in a shallow dish.
- Dunk pork chops in milk and then into bacon mixture. Press to help it stick.
- Place in a cast iron skillet and top with leftover bacon mixture.
- Bake at 400* for 30 minutes.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup cheese to the tops of the pork chops. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve topped with green onions.
Recipe from Mrs. Happy Homemaker