I finally got an actual roasting pan last Thanksgiving because we're finally making Thanksgiving dinners rather than bringing a side dish or two over to a friend's house. I normally make whole chickens in the crockpot, but they don't quite get that crispy skin like roasting them in the oven.
I loved this chicken and feel like it could be amped up a bit more, so I will try more Ranch mix or more butter, possibly onions, and maybe even pour some buffalo over the top after cooking, while cooling.
What you need:
- 1 whole chicken
- Buffalo sauce
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning mix
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- Marinate chicken in buffalo sauce.
- Stuff celery, 1/2 tsp. ranch, and 2 Tbsp. butter in cavity.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter and mix rest of ranch seasoning in it. Spoon on top.
- Roast at 350* for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Recipe from Beyer Beware