When we last visited our family in Tennessee - which seems like a decade ago - my mom-in-law made us gnocchi soup. I've never had gnocchi. I also had no clue how to say it. I thought it was "knoc-chi", but it turns out it's "neo-key". Let's be honest here...that's just weird and goes against everything I know. LOL.
Anyways, when I returned home, I started craving some neokey soup like my mom-in-law made us and searched for some new recipes. This one is an Olive Garden copycat from a blog called Couponing & Cooking. I've never had the OG version, but I really did love this soup. It was just as good as the one my mom-in-law made us and sated my appetite and craving perfectly :)
What you need:
- 1 Tbsp. EVOO
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 to 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 to 2 cups chicken, cooked and shreddd
- 1 pkg. gnocchi, cooked
- Ribboned spinach
- Salt and pepper, thyme, and parsley
- Heat butter and EVOO over medium-high heat. Cook celery, onion, and garlic until softened.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Then add milk.
- Add carrots and chicken and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add broth and cook until thickened.
- Add gnocchi, spinach, and seasonings. Heat through.
Recipe from Couponing & Cooking