When Oreo came out with their birthday cake Oreos, I searched high and low at many different stores to try and find them. When we went home to Tennessee in late March, I also looked at multiple stores to see if I could find them. I had no luck. I'm not gonna lie...I was pretty irate. I wanted these Oreos.
Then one day when I stopped holding onto the hope that I would get to try them, our commissary here at Ft. Drum had them! I grabbed two packages: one for eating and one for making something. The something came about when I tried Domestic Rebel's Death by Chocolate Cookies. I love a soft cookie and I came up with this cake mix cookie using Hayley's recipe as a reference. They are easily one of the best cookies I've ever had.
What you need:
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1+ cup crushed Birthday Cake Oreos
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Drop on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350* for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes after removing from oven. Then move to a wire rack to cool completely.