The only complaint about these cookies I have is that they are a little crunchier than I typically like my chocolate chip cookies to be. But that's not really a complaint that would stop me from making this again because I absolutely love the addition of the coffee flavor to the cookies. I'm going to try match this one up to a softer, chewier cookie recipe and maybe add 1/2 tsp. more of espresso powder.
What you need:
- 1 stick butter, at room temp
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 egg, at room temp
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. espresso powder
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar together.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Slowly incorporate flour mixture and then stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into walnut sized balls and place on a lined baking sheet. Flatten slightly.
- Bake at 300* for 14 to 15 minutes. Rest 2 minutes and then remove to cool on a wire rack.
Recipe from Tracey's Culinary Adventures