Happy Independence Day to all you American folks out there! :) Hope you have clear, sunny weather for grilling and fireworks.
I've recently discovered what I've missed out by not having tried pesto sooner. It's one of my new favorite things and this has made me hoard a whole slew of new recipes. Nick was also a little unsure of pesto, but fell in love with it too. Although this recipe doesn't seem like anything extraordinary, it really is one of the better light chicken and pasta recipes I've had in my life. I think this would be the perfect recipe to try if you were new to pesto too.
What you need:
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- 1 lb. penne, cooked and drained
- Prepare chicken and penne.
- Boil heavy cream in a saucepan on medium for 5 minutes.
- Add pesto and parmesan, stir until cheese is melted. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss with chicken and penne.
Recipe from Recipe Shoebox