This was my second attempt at making General Tso's chicken and I much rather prefer this recipe over the other one. The sauce was more flavorful and better consistency. It wasn't spicy at all though, so next time I'm going to tweek that.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 tsp. oil
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup and 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup and 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 lb. chicken, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. chili-garlic sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Broccoli and rice, cooked, for serving
- Whisk oil, egg white, 1 Tbsp. soy sauce, and all but 1 Tbsp. cornstarch. Add chicken and toss. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Whisk chicken broth, chili-garlic sauce, sugar, 1/4 cup soy sauce, and 1 Tbsp. cornstarch.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil and add ginger and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add broth mixture and cook for 3 minutes until thick and glossy. Stir in green onions.
- Serve with broccoli and rice.
Recipe from K&K Test Kitchen