New York is not my favorite place to live. In fact, it's my least favorite. The winters are long and miserable and the summers...well...they are just as bad. It's been cloudy and raining for most of the summer so far. There are days where it is in the 50s. This week looks like it's finally in the 80s. I think one thing that keeps me going is that we're getting close to counting down our LAST YEAR in this state...and then we get to go home to Tennessee.
So when I'm bummed and the weather is crappy, I turn to chocolate anything. Ice cream is always close to the top of the list of chocolate..and let's face it...coffee is always welcome. I've been wanting to try this recipe from How Sweet It Is for so long, but I don't like sharing and I didn't feel like making two once my husband stole a drink of mine. Deployment is when I take advantage of my stinginess :) I doubled the coffee powder and drank it right up. So delicious!
What you need:
- 1 cup chocolate milk
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 scoop ice cream
- 1/2 Tbsp. instant coffee powder (I doubled)
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- Whipped cream
- 1 candy cane or a few round peppermint candies
- Put all ingredients except whipped cream and peppermint candy into your blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a glass
- Crush peppermint candy. Top milkshake with whipped cream and crushed peppermint candy.
Recipe from How Sweet It Is