I've seen a lot of flatbread recipes lately and thought I'd try a "safe" one that would be welcomed to the dinner table without any crazy looks. Nick and the kids love cheeseburgers. Personally, I was a little worried about the flatbread. However, after taste testing during cooking them, I was hooked! I could eat the flatbread by itself all day long. I loved the flavoring of the hamburger too - the vinegar was a nice touch. These melts are definitely a keeper!
What you need:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 pkg. dry onion mix
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 boxes Jiffy pizza crust mix
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef. Add water, vinegar, onion soup mix, ketchup, mustard, and garlic. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Make pizza crust according to package directions with both boxes. Divide into 8 parts and flatten. Cook on medium-low in a skillet for 40 to 60 seconds on each side, until browned.
- Top flatbread with ground beef and top with cheese. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Life As A Lofthouse