I've said it before, donuts are probably my favorite breakfast to make because they are so quick. These Cookies & Cream donuts are made with Devil's food cake mix - meaning they are extra sinful :) When my kids spied Oreos on the kitchen counter, they definitely knew they were in for a treat and were jumping up and down.
I loved the consistency of these donuts that were basically cake donuts. Cake donuts are pretty much the only actual donuts I'll eat. I'm picky. The glaze plus the Oreos crumbled on top made these donuts hard to stop eating. I'm not going to lie. I'm pretty sure I ate 4 of these for breakfast that morning. It could have been more.
What you need:
- 1 box Devil's food cake mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz. Oreo cookies
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix together cake mix, oil, milk, and eggs.
- Chop up Oreos and reserve 1/4 cup crumbs. Mix the rest into batter.
- Pipe batter into donut pan. Bake at 425* for 6 minutes.
- Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar. Mix in milk and vanilla.
- Dip cooled donuts into glaze and sprinkle the tops with reserved crumbs.
Recipe from A Crafty Cook