This month for the Pass the Cookbook Club group, our cookbook was...
We got to choose between Easy Gazpacho & Goat Cheese Croutons, Foolproof Ribs with BBQ Sauce, and Chocolate Chunk Blondies. I easily chose the blondies because I'm not yet brave enough to try goat cheese and it's just Matt, Cami, and me at home, so the ribs might be a bit much. I also just got a Ninja Mega Kitchen System and wanted to try out the food processor portion.
When I saw "foolproof" in the cookbook title, I crossed my fingers that it wasn't wrongly named. I've only tried one Ina Garten recipe and that is for "Perfect Roast Turkey" and it WAS perfect. They smelled divine while cooking and were even better once they cooled off enough for me to stuff them in my face. And that is exactly what I did. They were soft and chewy with huge chunks of chocolate and crunchy walnuts throughout the bars. They kept very well too - since I couldn't very well eat all of them in one sitting ;)
What you need:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs, at room temp
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 1/4 lbs. semisweet chocolate chunks
- In a bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixer, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Then add the vanilla and then the eggs, one at a time. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chunks.
- Spread into a greased and lightly floured 9x13" pan.
- Bake at 350* for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.
Recipe from Ina Garten