Deployment is over, but I'm still trying to catch up sharing what we had to celebrate one more month gone. These were our September cupcakes to celebrate 5 months done. I used the leftover cupcakes I had frozen from the Andes Mint Cupcakes from the month before. I loved the caramel inside these cupcakes and the whipped topping was light and delicious. However, I'm already thinking of modifications...like a mocha chocolate buttercream and maybe salted caramel sauce!
What you need:
- Chocolate cupcakes (I used leftover cupcakes from this recipe)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Prepare cupcakes according to recipe (or box directions if that's what you choose to do - no judging here!). Let cool.
- Meanwhile, place 1/2 cup heavy cream, butter, corn syrup, and brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- While the caramel cools, scoop out a small piece from the center of the cupcake. I do it with a spoon personally and have never had an issue. Reserve the little piece of cake you removed.
- Spoon a little caramel in each cupcake and replace the little piece of cake you removed.
- While you work on that, whisk 2 cups heavy cream in stand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add sugar and vanilla. Whisk a little more.
- Pipe whipped cream onto top of cupcakes and drizzle with caramel.
Recipe from Erica's Sweet Tooth
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin