After the hecticness of the last few weeks, I'm hoping this one will be our first normal one. It's starting out semi-normal...Nick is at work, the kids are leaving for school here in a bit and I'm going to the grocery store. It about drives me nuts when my schedule is all thrown off!
The more hectic it gets, the less I stick to my meal plan and often turn to recipes that are quick fixes, but hearty at the same time. This is one of those go-to recipes. I'm beginning to love pastas without sauces. This one has a splash of balsamic vinegar in the end and that's really all it needs. I used to not like balsamic vinegar, but after a few tries, it's really growing on me :)
What you need:
- 1 lb. hot Italian sausage
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 Tbsp. EVOO
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. fusilli pasta
- Salt and pepper
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Balsamic vinegar
- Take sausage out of casing and cook for 5 minutes, crumbling as you go.
- Add onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 Tbsp. EVOO and bell peppers. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and reed pepper flakes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions. Save 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Toss sausage and peppers with drained pasta, 1/2 cup pasta water, 2 Tbsp. EVOO, and salt and pepper.
- Add a splash of balsamic vinegar and fold in cheese.
Recipe from red or green?
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin