I've been searching for a peanut butter cookie recipe (without pudding and what not - not that I don't like pudding cookies, but I wanted a classic cookie recipe) that wasn't dry or crumbly or that the cookie turned rock hard after an hour of cooling. I was so happy when this recipe turned out exactly how I wanted it to turn out. These are what I think of when I want a peanut butter cookie!
What you need:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temp
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cream together sugars and butter.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla, and egg and mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Press cross marks into the dough balls with fork.
- Bake at 375* for 6 to 9 minutes. (I lowered the temp of my hot oven to 350*)
Recipe from 33 Shades of Green
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin