As I mentioned in my latest Fantastical Friday post and various random posts, I volunteer in my husband's unit with the Family Readiness Group as the leader. I pretty much help out with any battalion event, even if it's another company within the battalion holding the event, if there is food involved. About a year ago now, we attempted to provide breakfast at an event - we figured we would try for waffles. I was tasked with bringing my waffle iron, plus powdered sugar and Nutella. I bought a bunch of both and when I went to make this pound cake, I assumed that I still had 1 or 2 large containers of Nutella leftover (I'm still working through the last few bags of powdered sugar I brought).
Turns out I didn't have any extras left and, of course, I am always horrible about assuming I have things on hand and being in the middle of making the recipe when I discover that I'm missing ingredients. I unfortunately only had enough for one layer of Nutella. It was fantastic with one layer and I'm sure two layers knocks it out of the ballpark. The cake itself is so moist and delicious. I loved the addition of cinnamon to it. It really just made the cake!
What you need:
- 4 eggs, at room temp
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 sticks butter, at room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- Whisk together eggs and vanilla, set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together.
- Cream butter with sugar for 3 minutes.
- Add egg mixture on low.
- Then add flour mixture, mix until just combined.
- Place 1/3 batter in a greased loaf pan. Top with 1/2 the Nutella. Repeat. Then top with remaining 1/3 batter.
- Bake at 325* for 50 to 60 minutes. Cover at 25 minutes, if needed.
And as always, a little kitty showed up for picture time!
Recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin