You know how I say that we rarely have the same thing twice in a long period of time? This recipe is an exception. I've made it at least 6 times prior to posting. I came up with the recipe itself just based off of what traditionally goes into meatballs - with the addition of lemon. I tried some lemon in the turkey meatballs for the Turkey (Chicken) Parmesan Meatballs recipe and I can't picture meatballs without it now.
I haven't yet made these and used them for meatball subs, but it is definitely on the long list of things to make eventually. I just really love these meatballs for spaghetti.
What you need:
- Ground beef (really whatever meat you prefer for your meatballs)
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs per lb. of meat
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese per lb. of meat
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Juice from 1/2 to 1 lemon
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (you may want another for serving)
- Mix together all ingredients, except spaghetti sauce.
- Form into golf ball sized portions. Place in your crockpot base as you go.
- Pour jar of spaghetti sauce over the top and cover.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on HIGH for 2 hours and LOW for 4 hours.
- Serve on top of spaghetti with additional sauce that has been heated.
Original Fantastical Recipe (for the meatballs)
Idea from The Misadventures of Mrs. B
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin