It's time for another Group D reveal - it's been since November for our group, so Happy 2014, Group D! For those who don't know, Secret Recipe Club is a great group of food bloggers who are assigned a blog in their group secretly each month. They select a recipe or two, make it, take pictures, and blog it all on the same day. It's really fun to see who got your blog on reveal day and what they made :)
This month I was assigned to the other Group D Sarah who blogs at Curious Cuisiniere. Sarah and her husband, Tim, are adventurous souls (check out this picture of them on her about me page) and when Sarah's not blogging, she's working in a bakery (such a dream job!).
It was so hard to pick one recipe. There's the Beer & Cheddar Pull Apart Bread. Then a savory breakfast recipe of Cornmeal Herb Waffles with Fried Eggs & Bacon - I really want to try this one soon. I love little mini muffins, so I bookmarked these Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins too. Ultimately, I chose Sarah's Oktoberfest Stew though because Nick got home
While Nick was deployed, he was missing out on Samuel Adams' Oktoberfest beer which is his favorite. So I bought some each time I went grocery shopping and stored them in our basement for when he got home. I also bought Yuengling and Leinenkugel's Oktoberfest beers too. It was easy for me to pick the stew over everything else because it used the Oktoberfest beer :) It was such a great stew. We all loved it!
What you need:
- 1 lb. uncooked bratwurst, sliced
- 1 lb. potatoes, cubed
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup German beer (we used Leinenkugel's Oktoberfest)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 small cabbage, shredded
- Place brats, potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion into crockpot. Mix.
- Add beef stock, beer, bay leaves, and pepper. Stir gently.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or LOW on 6 to 7 hours.
- An hour prior to it being done, add vinegar and cabbage; stir gently.
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin