This is only my second attempt at risotto and it turned out just as well as the first time. Risotto isn't as daunting a task as it would seem like, it's mostly just a lot of babysitting the rice while it's cooking. I also totally meant to add spinach because we love spinach, but completely forgot! We will be making it again soon to eat again (with the spinach added in, of course!).
Have you ever tried to make risotto? What food seems like it would be difficult, to you, to make? Have you ever attempted to make it?
What you need:
- 32 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1 pkg. sweet Italian sausage
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine (I subbed chicken broth)
- 1 (9 oz.) pkg. baby spinach
- Place tomatoes in a saucepan. Fill can with water and turn heat on medium low. Cover.
- Cook sausage and crumble. Add rice and cook for one minute. Turn down to medium low and add wine. Allow rice to soak up wine.
- Add 2 cups tomato mixture. Let rice absorb liquid.
- Add 1 cup tomato mixture at a time until rice absorbs the liquid and is tender.
- Add spinach and let wilt. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Wine & Glue
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin