Today is my oldest's last day of Kindergarten. I cannot believe it's already been a whole school year! It's only a little bittersweet because my youngest starts Kindergarten in the fall, so I may get to see the Kindergarten teachers a little longer. AND although at the beginning of the year, I was worried about Matthew warming up to the other kiddos, he's made friends in other Kindergarten classes too. So I'm not at all worried about him going to 1st grade. Cami is completely like her daddy and can make friends with anyone, so she's gonna be set for Kindergarten. Especially since her brother comes home and encourages her to learn and soak up all the stuff he knows.
Completely unrelated to today's recipe, but a little bit of my personal life anyways! Plus there isn't much that can be said about this tasty little side dish. It's an great way to switch up boring old baked potatoes and you get bacon in each bite.
What you need:
- Baking potatoes
- A few slices of bacon, slice into pieces
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Cut potatoes in thin slices.
- Insert pieces of bacon into each slice.
- Drizzle or spray with EVOO. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Bake at 400* for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle or spray with EVOO once more and bake for another 30 minutes.
Recipe from What's Cooking