Back in high school, I used to eat fast food all the time because of marching band, but since getting married and having a family, fast food is rarely something we eat [or sit down restaurants either]. We do get fast food on our long 16-hour road trip to and from New York & Tennessee. But my body has since adapted to NO fast food and every time we eat it - my stomach is in knots.
I've been really big into making copycat recipes lately and this one definitely takes the cake! My favorite fast food places are Wendy's and BK - and I always get either a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger or Baconator any time I go. My husband claimed witchcraft when he ate it - asking how I managed to make it taste like Wendy's!
What you need:
- 2 lbs. ground chuck
- Applewood smoked bacon, cooked
- American cheese
- Toasted buns
- Form 8 - 1/4 lb. patties out of the ground chuck. Flatten as thin as you can.
- Cook patties in a skillet or on a grill until cooked through, topping with cheese in the last minutes of cooking.
- Add mayo and ketchup to one side of a toasted bun.
- Build sandwich with one patty, a few pieces of bacon, and repeat.
- Makes 4 burgers.