This has to be one of the very best things I've found on Pinterest. I thought for sure I was going to end up with a dud recipe and it was going to be a completely disaster. I just pictured the eggs running out of the pepper ring and being a total mess, but they were so easy to make.
I'm sure there are many different things you can throw in there with the egg while it cooks through, but this is just the basic recipe. It's great for a quick breakfast that isn't the same ole, same ole. Plus they can look really cute and/or fancy for breakfast.
What you need:
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese, if desired
- EVOO, butter, or bacon grease
- Slice bell peppers into rings. Thinner is better!
- Add a little EVOO (or whatever) to your skillet and heat on med-high.
- Place a ring or two into the skillet and crack egg into the middle. You can break the yolk or choose not to. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook to desired doneness and flip. Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe from Shutterbean