Earlier this month, I posted the first burger recipe in my Philly Cheesesteak obsession and now it's time for the first calzone recipe. Next time I make this recipe, I'll either use my favorite pizza dough recipe OR crescent rolls. But it's Philly Cheesesteak, so you know it's delicious!!
What you need:
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. yeast
- 1/8 cup EVOO
- 1 cup ice water
- 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 ribeye steaks, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes
- Provolone cheese
- The night before prepare the dough by mixing together bread flour, salt, and yeast. Then add 1/8 cup EVOO, ice water, and sugar. Knead for 5 to 7 minutes and refrigerate overnight.
- Saute green bell and onion in a few Tbsp. of EVOO. Add steak in last few minutes. Then add seasonings.
- Divide dough into four parts and roll out each into a rectangle.
- Top with cheese and steak/veggie mixture. Then braid.
- Brush each with EVOO and sprinkle with garlic.
- Bake at 350* for 20 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
Recipe from Little Mommy, Big Appetite