Fried rice is one of my absolute favorite things in the whole world to eat. I never really thought of doing any variations of it, but I ADORED PDub's version of pineapple fried rice and decided I should come up with a Hawaiian version of fried rice. And for added measure, add a little heat to it!
What you need:
- 4 cups prepared brown rice
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3+ Tbsp. soy sauce
- Ham, diced
- Fresh green beans
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 eggs
- Pepper, to taste
- Dash of hot sauce
- While your rice is cooking [I use Minute rice], saute and heat ham, green beans, jalapeno, and onion together with a little butter or oil.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and add rice. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring every once in a while.
- Add soy sauce, ham, veggies, and pineapple. Heat through.
- Then scoot rice to the side and add eggs. Stir until scrambled, then mix into the rice.
- Add pepper and hot sauce to taste. Add more soy sauce if desired. Serve immediately.