Best purchase that I've made for my kitchen to date is my Kitchenaid mixer. It's seriously amazing and with so many attachments, it's incredibly versatile as well. One night I was making baked potatoes and thought of how I really really wanted mashed potatoes. I didn't feel like getting out my hand mixer or using my handy dandy potato masher. I wanted a fast, painless method and *dink* lightbulb came on when I saw my Kitchenaid. I particularly LOVE having the skins on my potatoes and that includes in mashed potatoes.
What you need:
- 3 to 4 baking potatoes
- 1/2 to 1 stick butter, sliced in pats
- 1 cup Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bake potatoes at 400* for about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours until fork tender.
- Place them in your stand mixer and turn on a low speed to start mashing them up.
- Add butter while still on low speed; add milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Then add Parm, garlic, and salt & pepper.