This is a great, no-hassle recipe that you can fix ahead of time and have ready at dinnertime. The crockpot is an amazing tool to use during the summer when it can be so hot that you can't stand to turn on your oven or slave over a hot stove.
What you need:
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 8 oz. crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. garlic
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- Crusty rolls
- 4 slices colby jack cheese
- Coat the inside of your slow cooker with nonstick spray. Add chicken.
- Mix together brown sugar, pineapple, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and shred with forks. Return to slow cooker.
- Add teriyaki sauce and serve on rolls with colby jack cheese.
Recipe from Mostly Homemade Mom